Almond and Goat’s Cheese Stuffed Dates
Sweet and creamy Almond and Goat Cheese Stuffed Dates. Perfect as a healthy and delicious appetizer.
- Serves 4 - 6
- 30 mins
- 30 Buchanans dates
- 120g soft fresh goat cheese
- 4 tbsp Buchanans shelled almonds (chopped)
- 1 tbsp fresh thyme (chopped)
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees and lightly oil a baking dish just large enough to hold the dates in a single layer.
- Stir together the goat cheese and almonds. Set aside.
- Using a small knife, make a small lengthwise incision in each date. Carefully remove the pits.
- Stuff 1 teaspoon of the goat cheese mixture into the dates.
- Arrange the dates, with the goat cheese mixture side facing up, in the baking dish.
- Bake until warmed through, 10 to 12 minutes.
- Transfer to a serving platter and sprinkle evenly with thyme.
- The dates can be prepared up to 24 hours in advance, store, tightly covered in fridge then bake as above.