Banana and Pecan Loaf Cake
A easy to make tasty loaf, perfect for afternoon tea.
- Serves 8
- 60 mins
- 100g caster sugar
- 75g unsalted butter
- 2 eggs (beaten)
- 110g self raising flour
- 2 ripe bananas (mashed)
- 60g Buchanans Banana Chips
- 40g Buchanans Pecans
- Preheat the oven to 190oC, then grease a loaf tin and line with greaseproof paper.
- Add butter and sugar to a large mixing bowl and beat together, add beaten eggs.
- Add flour, mashed bananas and gently fold until mixed through.
- Chop most of the banana chips and pecans and add to mixture. (keep a few whole pecans and banana chips for decoration)
- Pour batter into the prepared loaf tin and place a few banana chips and pecans on top of the batter
- Bake in the oven for 35 to 40 mins until golden and well risen
- Allow loaf to cool slightly in tin before transferring it to a wire rack to cool completely.