Banana and Pecan Loaf Cake
A quick bake that can be frozen and used later.
- Serves 8
- 60 mins
- 60g Buchanans Banana Chips
- 75g unsalted butter
- 100g caster sugar
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 110g self raising flour
- 2 ripe bananas, mashed
- Handful of Buchanans Pecans
- Preheat the oven to 190oC, then grease a loaf tin and line with greaseproof paper.
- Choose around 10 banana chips to decorate the top of the loaf and a few pecans. The banana chips and pecans that are left should be broken into small pieces.
- The butter and sugar should be beaten together in a large mixing bowl, then the beaten eggs mixed in.
- Add the mashed banana, flour and broken banana chips and pecans and fold until mixed.
- Place the batter into the prepared load tin and then place the whole banana chips and pecans nicely on top of the batter
- Bake in the oven for 35 to 40 mins until golden and well risen. Wait until the loaf cool before you transfer it from the tin and then allow it to cool completely on a wire rack.