Beef Wellington with Currant Sauce
Tender beef wellington smothered in a delicious currant sauce.
- Serves 3-4
- 3 hours
- Beef Tenderloin 5-6 lbs
- 150g Mushroom Pate
- 1 tin of mushroom soup
- 250mls Red wine
- 2 beef stock cubes
- 60g of Buchanans currants
- 1 Puff Pastry sheet
- Preheat oven to 240C. Trim and season meat to taste.
- Place meat in open pan and roast until beef is cooked to your liking, remove from the oven to cool, then chill in the fridge for about 20 mins.
- When meat is cool, carefully spread pate over top and sides.
- Roll out pastry sheet and place meat in centre. Seal sides of pastry with beaten egg and brush egg over top.
- Place back into oven and cook until pastry is golden brown. Remove from oven and allow to rest before slicing.
- Sauce- Heat Mushroom soup, stock cubes and currants in pot then add wine and simmer for 15 minutes.
- Place beef wellington slice on a plate and serve with sauce.