Beef Wellington with Currant Sauce
Tender beef wellington is perfect as a main meal smothered in delicious currant sauce.
- Serves 3-4
- 3 hours
- Beef Tenderloin 5-6 lbs
- Prepared Pate
- Golden mushroom soup
- 1/2 cup Red wine
- 2 beef stock cubes
- 1 cup Buchanans currants
- Favourite pie crust or crescent roll dough
- Trim and season meat to taste.
- Roast meat in open pan at 325F for 20-25 minutes until about half cooked.
- Allow meat to cool and spread pate over top. Roll and seal in prepared dough.
- Set aside.
- Sauce- Heat Golden Mushroom soup and wine in heavy sauce pan. Add boullion and currants.
- Simmer for 90 minutes adding wine as necessary.
- 30 minutes before serving put meat back in oven at 325F. Use meat thermometer and cook to desired doneness.