Carrot and Prune Cake
A simple cake, which is great to snack on and full of flavour.
- Serves 10
- 85 mins including prep
- 95g self-raising flour
- 95g plain flour
- 1 tbsp mixed spice
- 1/2 tsp bicarbonate of soda
- 1/2 cup Buchanans pecan nuts
- 3/4 cup Buchanans pitted prunes
- 1/2 cup Buchanans sultanas
- 220g brown sugar
- 300g sour cream
- 3 medium eggs
- 1/4 cup vegetable oil
- 2 cups grated carrots
- Grease a cake pan, line with greaseproof paper and grease the paper.
- Add the flours, spice and bicarbonate of soda to a processor, mix a few seconds to combine. Transfer mixture to a large bowl, leaving a tablespoonful of mixture in the processor.
- Add the prunes and pecans to the processor, process until coarsely chopped, stir into flour mixture with sultanas.
- Combine eggs, sugar, sour cream and oil in processor, process until combined, stir into flour mixture with carrots.
- Pour the mixture into the cake pan. Bake slowly at 150°C for about 75 minutes. Allow to cool for 10 minutes before transferring to a wire rack.