Chicken Breasts stuffed with Dried Fruit
Chicken breasts wrapped in smoked ham, stuffed with delicious dried fruit. Beautiful served with rice, potatoes, pasta or salad.
- Serves 4
- Prep 1hr 20mins Cooking 20mins
- 4 chicken breasts
- 200g dried fruit (Buchanans almonds, Buchanans raisins, Buchanans apricots, Buchanans cashew nuts)
- 3 tbsp chopped onions in olive oil
- 1 tbsp balsamic vinegar
- 1 tbsp honey
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon
- 20g butter
- 4 thin slices of smoked ham
- 50ml water
- Salt & freshly-ground pepper
- Place the dried fruits in a bowl and mix with the vinegar, honey, chopped onions, cinnamon, olive oil and water. Season and leave to marinade for 1 hour at room temperature.
- Preheat the oven to 210°. Slice the chicken breasts on the top and stuff with the dried fruit mix. Then wrap the thin slices of ham around the breast, 2 per chicken breast.
- Place in an oven dish, season, top with a knob of butter, cover with foil and bake for 20 minutes.
- When the chicken is nicely golden, serve straight away with your choice of side.