Coconut Pecan Butter
In partnership with local food blogger Tom's Kitchen Online, we bring you this energy bosting coconut pecan butter. Use this recipe as a guide for many other nut butters. Buchanans stock a wide variety including walnuts, almonds and hazelnuts.
- Serves 1 jar
- 20 mins
- 2 x 100g packets Buchanans Pecans
- 2 tablespoon coconut oil - melted
- 1 tablespoon agave syrup
- 2 tablespoon Buchanans dessicated coconut
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract (optional)
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon (optional)
- Preheat oven 180C / 350 F / Gas 4.
- Spread Buchanans pecans and dessicated coconut out evenly on a baking sheet.
- Sprinkle cinnamon on top (optional).
- Toast pecans and dessicated coconut in oven for 5 mins.
- Transfer toasted pecans and dessicated coconut to food processor.
- Process on a medium speed until resembling fine bread crumbs.
- Add coconut oil, syrup and vanilla extract (optional).
- Continue to process until smooth, scraping down the sides regularly.
- Transfer to clean Jar and store in the fridge for up to 1 month.