Curried Rice Salad
A spicy rice salad is the perfect accompaniment to a BBQ.
- Serves 4
- 15 mins
- 380g cooked long grain rice (chilled)
- 1 apple (peeled, cored and chopped)
- 1 onion (finely chopped)
- 95g of Buchanans sultanas
- 60g of fresh flat leaf parsley
- 50g of Buchanans chickpeas (cooked)
- 60mls of olive oil
- 80mls of white vinegar
- 2 tsp curry powder
- 1 tbsp caster sugar
- 1 garlic clove (crushed)
- 1/4 tsp salt, 1/4 tsp pepper
- Place cooked rice into a large bowl, add the apple, chickpeas, onion, sultanas and parsley and mix together.
- In a separate bowl combine olive oil, white vinegar, curry powder, caster sugar, garlic, salt and pepper and mix well, then pour over the salad and mix together.