Dairy Free Almond Cake
Almond sponge cake which is easy to make and tastes delicious.
- Serves 12
- 55 mins
- 100g Buchanans Flaked almonds
- 200g Caster Sugar
- 150g Plain Flour
- 150g Icing Sugar
- 1tbsp Corn Flour
- 350ml Egg Whites (12 large eggs)
- 1 tsp Cream of Tartar
- 2 tsp Vanilla Extract
- Half tsp Almond Extract
- Preheat oven to 180oC. Sieve icing sugar, flour and cornflour together and leave to the side.
- In a bowl, beat the egg whites on high speed until foamy. Continue to beat whilst adding cream of tartar, vanilla and almond extract.
- Gradually add the caster sugar and continue to beat until stiff peaks form. Quickly fold in the flour mixture, 4 tbsp at a time. Mix only until flour is mixed in and be careful to not overmix.
- Pour the mixture into a cake tin and sprinkle with flaked almonds.
- Bake in the preheated oven for 35 minutes or until golden and cooked through. Remove from oven and allow to cool for 10 minutes before moving to a wire rack to cool completely.