Dried Fruit Salad with Yoghurt and Nuts (V)
This easy fruit salad with natural yogurt makes a delicious breakfast or a healthy snack.
- Serves 4-6
- 15 mins prep plus overnight soak
- 100g Buchanan’s prunes
- 100g Buchanan’s dried apricots
- 100 g Buchanan’s dried figs (cut out the hard stalk ends)
- 100g Buchanan’s raisins
- zest and juice of 1 orange
- 420ml natural yoghurt
- 50g Buchanan’s hazelnuts, chopped and toasted
- Place the dried fruit in a deep bowl and cover with 725ml cold water. Make sure the fruit is completely covered and leave it to soak overnight.
- The following day, drain off 75mls of the water; place the fruits and the remaining water in a small pan.
- Cover and bring to simmering point and leave to simmer gently for about 10 minutes or until all the fruit feels tender.
- Next stir in the orange zest and juice, then tip the whole lot into a shallow serving bowl to cool. Cover with cling film and chill.
- Mix fruit with yoghurt and hazelnuts and place into serving bowls or jars.