Dried Fruit Salad with Yoghurt and Nuts (V)
A salad filled with natural ingredients.
- Serves 4-6
- 15 mins prep plus overnight soak
- 100 g Buchanan’s prunes
- 100 g Buchanan’s dried apricots
- 100 g Buchanan’s dried figs – cut out the hard stalk ends
- 100 g Buchanan’s raisins
- 1 orange- zest and juice
- 420ml natural yoghurt
- 50 g Buchanan’s hazelnuts, chopped and toasted
- The night before you want to serve the salad, place the dried fruit in a deep bowl and cover with 725 ml cold water. Make sure the fruit is completely covered and leave it to soak overnight.
- The next day, drain off 75 ml of the water; place the fruits and the remaining water in a small pan.
- Cover and bring to simmering point and leave to simmer gently for about 10 minutes or until all the fruit feels tender when tested with a skewer.
- Next stir in the orange zest and juice, then tip the whole lot into a shallow serving bowl to cool. Cover with cling film and chill.
- Serve the salad spooned into dishes with the yoghurt and nuts handed round separately.