Egg Fried Rice (V)
Easy to prepare and tastes great as a meal on its own or as a side for a main dish.
- Serves 4
- 30 mins
- 325g Buchanans long grain white rice (uncooked weight), cooked and left to go cold
- 1 egg
- 2 tbsp vegetable oil
- 150g frozen peas, defrosted (rinse under warm water)
- 5 spring onions, chopped
- 1 tbsp light soy sauce
- 3 tbsp vegetable oil
- Red Pepper
- Beat the egg with some salt and pepper and set to one side.
- Heat the vegetable oil in a wok. When it's very hot, add the rice and stir-fry for 3-4 minutes until completely heated.
- Add the peas, peppers and spring onions. Stir-fry the rice constantly around the pan, for 3-4 minutes. Season well with soy sauce and pepper, then push to one side of the pan.
- Pour the beaten egg mixture into the other side and leave for about 10 seconds. When it begins to set then quickly break up and mix through rice.
- Stir-fry for 1 minute and serve immediately.