Egg Fried Rice (V)
Easy to prepare and tastes great as a meal on its own or as a side for a main dish.
- Serves 4
- 30 mins
- 1 egg (whisked)
- salt and pepper to season
- 2 tbsp vegetable oil
- 325g Buchanans long grain white rice, cooked and left to cool.
- 150g frozen peas
- 1 Red Pepper (sliced)
- 5 spring onions (chopped)
- 2 -3 tbsp soy sauce
- Whisk the egg with some salt and pepper and set to one side.
- Heat the vegetable oil in a wok. When it's very hot, add the rice and stir-fry for 1-2 minutes until completely heated.
- Add the peas, peppers and spring onions and stir around the pan for 2-3 minutes. Season well with soy sauce and pepper, then push to one side of the pan.
- Pour the whisked egg into the other side of pan and leave for about 10 seconds. When it begins to set then quickly break up and mix through rice.
- Stir-fry for 1 minute and serve immediately.