Easy to make and delicious smothered in jam and cream.
- Serves 10
- 25 mins
- 80g Buchanans Sultanas
- 30g caster sugar
- 105ml milk
- 2 eggs beaten
- 1 ½ tsp Buchanans baking soda
- 350g self-raising flour
- Preheat the oven to 210oC and grease a baking tray.
- Add the flour and baking soda to a bowl and mix well with the butter using your fingertips until it looks like breadcrumbs.
- Add the sugar and sultanas and mix.
- Add 100ml of milk and the eggs except for a small amount to brush the scones with at the end. Mix to a sticky dough, if it is too dry add a small amount of milk to get desired consistency.
- Flour the work surface and lightly knead the dough on it then roll out into a rectangle around 2cm deep.
- Cut out using a round cutter for the size of scone you want and place them on the baking tray spread apart.
- Brush the top of the scone with the egg that was left and bake until risen and golden around 10-15 minutes.