Fruity Rice Pudding
An old favourite pudding mixed up with dried fruits for added taste.
- Serves 4-6
- 1-2 hours
- 110g Buchanans pudding rice
- ½ cup of Buchanans sultanas
- ½ cup of Buchanans apricots (halved)
- 450ml full-fat milk
- 450ml single cream
- 60g caster sugar
- Sprinkle of Cinnamon
- Wash the rice thoroughly by putting it into a dish, pouring hot water over it, and whipping it with a batter whip, then pouring off the water, repeating the process till the water remains clear.
- Heat the oven to 150oC/300oF and grease an ovenproof dish with butter.
- Place the cream, milk and caster sugar in a pan and heat gently until simmering.
- Place rice in dish and pour over the heated mixture stirring well. Place in the oven.
- Stir after 30 mins and then continue to cook for up to another hour, checking every 10 mins until the pudding is a creamy consistency.
- Sprinkle cinnamon over the top.