Irish Barm Brack
This traditional Irish Barmbrack is destined to become a family favourite. Delicious served toasted spread with butter.
- Serves 10
- 1 hour 40 mins (overnight soak)
- 145g Buchanans Raisins
- 60g Buchanans glace cherries
- 145g Buchanans currants
- 60g Buchanans cut mixed peel
- 190g light brown sugar
- 250ml cold strong tea
- 380g self-raising flour
- 1 egg
- 1 tsp mixed spice
- Soak the raisins and currants in the cold tea overnight.
- Heat oven to 350F and line a loaf pan with greased parchment paper.
- Add all the remaining ingredients to the soaked fruit
- Stir well and pour into a greased loaf pan.
- Bake for approx. 1 1/2 hours and ensure it is cooked through (insert skewer or knife into centre of cake and if it comes out clean then it is ready). Allow to cool.