Irish Barm Brack
Traditional fruit loaf, tasty served with butter.
- Serves 10
- 1 hour 40 mins (overnight soak)
- 3⁄4 cup Buchanans Sultanas
- 1⁄3 cup Buchanans glace cherries
- 3⁄4 cup Buchanans currants
- 1⁄3 cup Buchanans cut mixed peel
- 1 cup light brown sugar
- 1 cup cold strong tea
- 2 cups self-raising flour
- 1 egg
- 1 teaspoon mixed spice
- Soak the raisins and currants in the cold tea overnight.
- Heat oven to 350F and line a loaf pan with greased parchment paper.
- Add all the remaining ingredients to the raisins, currants and cold tea.
- Stir well and pour into a greased loaf pan.
- Bake for approx. 1 1/2 hours and ensure it is cooked through.