Mushroom Risotto (V)
Classic risotto dish that presses all the right buttons, perfect for a filling winter warmer or as a side portion with a summer salad and plenty of fresh vegetables.
- Serves 4
- 45 mins
- 350g Buchanans Arborio rice
- 2 tbsp Olive oil
- 1 medium Onion (diced)
- 225g Chestnut mushrooms (sliced)
- 1 tbsp dried Porcini mushrooms
- 150ml Dry white wine
- 1.2 litres Vegetable stock (hot)
- 2 tbsp fresh Parsley (chopped)
- 25g Butter
- Salt and Pepper
- Freshly grated parmesan cheese, to serve
- Soak the mushrooms in hot water for 10 minutes, and then drain well.
- Heat the oil in a large saucepan and add the onion and garlic. Fry over a gentle heat for 2-3 minutes, until softened.
- Add the mushrooms and fry for a further 2-3 minutes, until browned.
- Stir in the rice and coat in the oil. Pour in the wine and simmer, stirring, until the liquid has been absorbed.
- Add a ladleful of the stock and simmer, stirring again until the liquid has been absorbed. Continue adding the stock in this way, until all the liquid has been absorbed and the rice is plump and tender.
- Roughly chop the soaked mushrooms and stir into the risotto, along with the parsley and butter
- Season to taste with salt and pepper.
- Serve with freshly grated parmesan cheese