Classic risotto dish perfect for a filling winter warmer or as a side dish with a summer salad.
- Serves 4
- 45 mins
- 225g Chestnut mushrooms (sliced)
- 2 tbsp Olive oil
- 1 medium Onion (finely sliced)
- 2 cloves of garlic (finely sliced)
- 150ml Dry white wine
- 1.2 litres Vegetable stock
- 350g Buchanans Arborio rice
- 2 tbsp fresh Parsley (chopped)
- 25g Butter
- Salt and Pepper to season
- Freshly grated parmesan cheese, to serve
- Soak the mushrooms in hot water for 10 minutes, and then drain well.
- Heat the oil in a large saucepan and add the onion and garlic. Fry over a gentle heat for 2-3 minutes, until softened.
- Add the mushrooms and fry for a further 2-3 minutes, until browned.
- Stir in the rice and coat in the oil. Pour in the wine and simmer until the liquid has been absorbed.
- Add stock slowly while stirring constantly, add parsley and butter and continue to simmer over a low heat until the rice is cooked.
- Season to taste with salt and pepper.
- Serve with freshly grated parmesan cheese