A classic American dessert, delicious served warm with ice cream!
- Serves 12 slices
- 1hr including prep
- 225g plain flour
- ½ tsp salt
- 120g vegetable oil
- 60ml full fat milk
- 140g golden syrup
- 90g soft butter
- 190g soft light brown sugar
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 3 large eggs (whisked)
- 250g Buchanans Pecans
- Preheat the oven to 180°C/ 350ºF. Grease a 25cm flan dish and set to side.
- Place flour, salt, oil and milk in a large bowl and mix to form a dough.
- Turn dough out onto a floured work surface and roll out.
- Roll dough over flan dish to ensure it covers sides (do not trim sides yet). Place dish into freezer.
- Place syrup, butter and brown sugar in a saucepan over a low heat until melted, add vanilla and stir well. Take off heat and let it stand for 10mins until slighty cooled.
- Take the pastry-lined flan dish out of the freezer, and arrange the pecans on base of dish.
- Add whisked eggs to syrup mixture and pour into flan dish. Trim pastry on sides of flan dish.
- Bake in the oven for 40 minutes, or until the filling has set and the pastry is golden.