A light salad, great for lunch or as a side with a main meal.
- Serves 2
- 25 mins
- 1 ½ cups of Buchanans quinoa
- 1 Cucumber (peeled and finely diced)
- 1 red pepper and 1 yellow pepper
- ½ small red onion (finely chopped)
- ½ cup fresh parsley (chopped)
- ¼ cup olive oil
- 3 tbsp lemon juice
- 2 tsp grated lemon zest
- Bring 2 litres of water to the boil. Add quinoa, cover, and reduce heat to medium-low. Simmer 12 to 14 minutes, or until quinoa is tender.
- Cool, then transfer to large serving bowl. Drain quinoa, and rinse under cold running water. Drain again.
- Stir in cucumber, peppers, onion, and parsley through the quinoa.
- Stir through the oil, lemon juice, and lemon zest.