A light, wholesome and filling lunch or supper. Perfect on it's own or served with chicken or fish as a main meal.
- Serves 2
- 25 mins
- 285g of Buchanans quinoa
- 1 Cucumber (peeled and diced)
- 1 red pepper and 1 yellow pepper (diced)
- ½ small red onion (diced)
- 95g fresh parsley (chopped)
- 60mls olive oil
- 3 tbsp lemon juice
- 2 tsp grated lemon zest
- Bring 2 litres of water to the boil. Add quinoa, cover, reduce heat to medium-low. Simmer 12 to 14 minutes, or until quinoa is tender.
- Drain quinoa, and rinse under cold running water. Drain well and add to a large mixing bowl.
- Stir in cucumber, peppers, onion, and parsley through the quinoa.
- Place olive oil, lemon juice and lemon zest into a bowl and mix together, then pour over salad and mix thouroughly.