Rice and Nut Salad
A light rice salad packed full with nuts, a perfect addition to the table at a BBQ.
- Serves 4
- 2 tbsps olive oil
- 2 tbsps lemon juice
- 120g Buchanans sultanas
- 60g Buchanans currants
- 275g Buchanans brown rice, cooked and well drained
- 90g Buchanans blanched almonds, chopped
- 60g Buchanans cashew nuts, chopped
- 60g Buchanans shelled walnuts, chopped
- 425g canned peach slices in natural juice, drained and chopped
- 1/4 cucumber, cubed
- 120g cooked Buchanans red kidney beans
- 1 tbsp pitted black olives
- Put the olive oil, lemon juice and salt and pepper into a screw top jar. Shake vigorously, until the mixture has thickened.
- Put the sultanas and currants into a small bowl, and pour on enough boiling water to just cover. Allow the fruit to stand in the water for 10 minutes to plump up, before draining and discarding the water.
- Mix together the rice, nuts, soaked fruit, peaches, cucumber, kidney beans and olives in a large mixing bowl.
- Pour the dressing over the salad, and mix together thoroughly, to ensure all the ingredients are evenly coated.