Rice Salad with Fruit and Nut
A light rice salad packed full with nuts, a perfect addition to the table at a BBQ.
- Serves 4
- 15mins/1 hour
- 120g Buchanans sultanas
- 60g Buchanans currants
- 200ml Fruit Juice (Apple/Orange/etc)
- 275g Buchanans brown rice, cooked and well drained
- 60g Buchanans cashew nuts, chopped
- 60g Buchanans shelled walnuts, chopped
- 1/4 cucumber, cubed
- 3 tbsps olive oil
- 3 tbsps lemon juice
- pinch of salt and pepper
- Place the sultanas and currants into a bowl and add 200ml Fruit Juice. Allow the fruit to stand in the juice for 1 hour to plump up then drain.
- Mix together the rice, nuts, cucumber and soaked fruit in a large mixing bowl.
- Dressing: Put the olive oil, lemon juice and salt and pepper into a jug and mix thoroughly until thickened.
- Pour the dressing over the salad, and mix together thoroughly, to ensure all the ingredients are evenly coated.