Spiced Couscous with Chicken & Almonds
Spicy couscous is cooked in Indian spices and apricots; topped with chicken, spring onions and almonds.
- Serves 2
- 20 Mins
- 6 Buchanans apricots ready to eat, chopped
- 2 tbsp Buchanans blanched almonds, toasted
- 150g Buchanans couscous
- 150ml chicken stock, hot
- 1 large cooked chicken breast, skinless, shredded
- 2 spring onions, sliced (use the green parts as well)
- 2 teaspoons curry paste
- small bunch flat-leaf parsley, chopped
- 150ml natural yoghurt
- Mix the curry paste and apricots with the chicken stock until the paste has dissolved. Then put the couscous in a bowl and pour over the stock.
- Cover with cling film and leave for 5 minutes.
- Break up the couscous with a fork and stir through the chicken, spring onions, almonds and half the parsley.
- Mix the rest of the yoghurt with the parsley. Serve the couscous with the yoghurt drizzled over.