Stir-fried Garlic Chicken and Rice
A tasty and easy main meal including chicken, garlic, raisins and rice.
- Serves 2
- 20 mins
- 100g Buchanans long grain rice
- 1 tbsp vegetable oil
- ½ chicken breast, sliced into strips
- 100g Buchanans raisins
- 1 beef tomato, chopped
- handful fresh coriander, leaves only
- Wash the rice well in a fine sieve under cold running water, then drain.
- Place the rice into a saucepan and cover with 2.5cm cold water. Bring the rice to boil. Once boiling, stir the rice once, then turn the heat to very low and cover until tender.
- Heat the vegetable oil in a wok. Add the chicken and garlic and stir-fry for 3-4 minutes.
- Add the raisins and tomato and fry until the chicken is golden all over and completely cooked through. Season to taste.
- To serve, place the rice onto a plate, top with the chicken stir fry and sprinkle with coriander leaves.