Tomato and Basil Risotto
A flavourful yet budget rice dish, an ideal midweek dinner.
- Serves 4
- 45 mins
- 250g Buchanans Arborio rice
- 1 litre vegetable stock
- knob of butter
- ½ chopped onion
- 400g can chopped tomatoes
- 1tbsp olive oil
- 2 garlic cloves chopped
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh basil
- 300g cherry tomatoes chopped in half
- 1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- Blend chopped tinned tomatoes and half of the vegetable stock in a food processor until smooth. Pour into a saucepan with remaining stock and bring to a simmer.
- In a separate pan heat the butter and oil and then add the onions until softened. Then stir in garlic and stir for 1 minute. Then add rice and stir for another minute.
- Begin to add the tomato and stock mix slowly, one quarter at a time. As the mix is absorbed add more slowly, stirring constantly. When half of the stock has been added then add the halved cherry tomatoes.
- Allow to simmer until creamy and the cherry tomatoes have softened.
- Serve topped with parmesan and basil.