Tomato and Basil Risotto
A classic Italian dish, which is easy to make and incredibly tasty.
- Serves 4
- 45 mins
- 400g tin of chopped tomatoes
- 1 litre vegetable stock
- 2tbsp butter
- 1tbsp olive oil
- 1 onion (finely chopped)
- 2 garlic cloves (finely chopped)
- 250g Buchanans Arborio rice
- 300g cherry tomatoes (chopped)
- 30g chopped fresh basil
- 50g grated Parmesan cheese
- Blend chopped tinned tomatoes and half of the vegetable stock in a food processor until smooth. Pour into a saucepan with remaining stock and simmer for 5 mins. Set to one side.
- In a separate pan heat the butter and oil, add the onions and garlic and cook until softened. Add Rice and mix well.
- Slowly add the tomato and stock mix, stirring constantly. Add cherry tomatoes and let mixture simmer on very low heat until rice is ready.
- Serve topped with parmesan and basil.