Walnut and Apricot Muffins
A tasty alternative muffin which is sweet and tangy.
- Serves 12
- 35 mins including prep
- 1/4 cup of Buchanans dried apricots
- 1/4 cup of Buchanans walnuts (broken)
- 1/2 tsp Buchanans Baking Soda
- 1 cup of flour
- 1/2 cup of brown sugar
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon
- 1/4 cup of water
- 50g butter
- 1 egg
- 1/2 cup of yoghurt
- 1 small orange (rind and juice)
- Heat oven to 190oC and grease the muffin tin.
- Add all the dry ingredients to a bowl and mix well.
- In another bowl microwave the apricots with the water until the liquid is absorbed (roughly 1 min on high power).
- Add the butter to the apricots and mix in. Heat slightly if needed.
- Then add the egg, greek style yoghurt and orange rind.
- Add water to the juice of the orange to make half a glass if needed. Add the orange juice and walnuts to the mixture.
- Fold the two mixtures together and then divide between the muffin tins.
- Bake at 190oC for about 12-15mins until the muffins and springy and fluffy.