Walnut and Apricot Muffins
A tasty muffin which is sweet and tangy treat.
- Serves 12
- 35 mins including prep
- 190g of flour
- 1/2 tsp Buchanans Baking Soda
- 95g of brown sugar
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon
- 60ml of water
- 50g of Buchanans dried apricots
- 50g butter
- 1 egg
- 125ml greek style yoghurt
- 1 small orange (rind and juice)
- 50g of Buchanans walnuts (broken)
- Heat oven to 190oC and grease the muffin tin.
- Place flour, sugar, baking soda and cinnamon in a bowl and mix well.
- In another bowl microwave the apricots with the water until the liquid is absorbed (roughly 1 min on high power).
- Add the butter to the apricots and stir. Then add the egg, yoghurt and orange rind.
- Add water to the juice of the orange to make half a glass if needed then add to mixture along with the Walnuts and mix.
- Fold the two mixtures together and then divide between the muffin tins.
- Bake at 190oC for about 12-15mins until the muffins and springy and fluffy.