Walnut and Chocolate Brownies
Tasty homemade chocolate brownies that are made even tastier with the addition of walnuts.
- Serves 15
- 60 mins (prep and cooking)
- ¾ cup of butter
- ¾ cup Chocolate Chips
- 2/3 cup cocoa powder
- 1 ½ cups sugar
- 1 cup flour
- ½ teaspoon baking powder
- ½ teaspoon vanilla extract
- 4 eggs
- ¾ cup Buchanans walnuts (chopped)
- Preheat oven to 175 degrees and grease a 9x9 square baking pan.
- Over a low heat melt butter and chocolate chips (use a pan with some water and a bowl inside, do not allow the water to touch the chocolate).
- In a separate bowl combine all the dry ingredients.
- When the chocolate and butter mixture is cooled, whisk in the eggs and vanilla (it needs to be cooled to ensure the eggs don’t cook).
- Add the dry ingredients to the mixture and mix together.
- Stir in the chopped walnuts and pour the batter into the baking pan.
- Bake for 40 minutes until risen and a knife inserted into the centre comes out clean.